Subject: Document that [encoding system] has no effect on option readfile

From: "jan.nijtmans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 09:20:12 +0000

---
 doc/option.n | 7 ++++---
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/option.n b/doc/option.n
index 8f29d3a..2763d64 100644
--- a/doc/option.n
+++ b/doc/option.n
@@ -60,9 +60,10 @@ is specified, it indicates the priority level at which to enter the
 options;  \fIpriority\fR defaults to \fBinteractive\fR.
 .PP
 The file is read through a channel which is in "utf-8" encoding,
-invalid byte sequences are automatically converted to valid
-ones. This means that encodings like ISO 8859-1 or cp1282 with
-high probablility will work as well, but this is not guaranteed.
+invalid byte sequences are automatically converted to valid ones.
+This means that encodings like ISO 8859-1 or cp1252 with high
+probability will work as well, but this cannot be guaranteed.
+This cannot be changed, setting the [encoding system] has no effect.
 .PP
 The \fIpriority\fR arguments to the \fBoption\fR command are
 normally specified symbolically using one of the following values:
-- 
cgit v0.12