Subject: Added documentation, please review!

From: "jan.nijtmans" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 09:14:37 +0000

---
 doc/option.n | 5 +++++
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/option.n b/doc/option.n
index 8699c0d..8f29d3a 100644
--- a/doc/option.n
+++ b/doc/option.n
@@ -59,6 +59,11 @@ options specified in that file to the option database.  If \fIpriority\fR
 is specified, it indicates the priority level at which to enter the
 options;  \fIpriority\fR defaults to \fBinteractive\fR.
 .PP
+The file is read through a channel which is in "utf-8" encoding,
+invalid byte sequences are automatically converted to valid
+ones. This means that encodings like ISO 8859-1 or cp1282 with
+high probablility will work as well, but this is not guaranteed.
+.PP
 The \fIpriority\fR arguments to the \fBoption\fR command are
 normally specified symbolically using one of the following values:
 .TP
-- 
cgit v0.12